Messing with the A-code

Messing with the A-code

Postby Dragon5 » May 31st, 2015, 8:01 pm

I digged in the A-Code and decided to mess around to learn how this Engine worked a little. Made Luffy's Muchi cancel into Snake Shot near the end and it was too fast. Adjusted the trajectory to allow both early and late hit to work. Also tweaked the impacts to better link and feel better. Separated the last frame from a sequence for Muchi, which helped me learn part of the code too. Using that as recovery frames is a pretty brilliant idea.
Lastly, you forgot to separate some of the variables in the null frames for rects. It's not that big of a deal given they're frames that don't need said variables.

I've one suggestion so far: Allow decimals in movement and momentum options.
  • LF2 allowed this for basic movement, but it doesn't work in the A-Engine right now. I'd like this to go one step further to allow further fine tuning of moves for both movement during an attack and its knockback. (dvx, dvy, dvz, etc.) This would also prevent redundant frames of the same action used to get in-between values. I personally would like to use this to adjust how fast or slow someone can move on the z-axis and for moves like Deep's Charge just to experiment on long-distance moves.
Just stay calm for now. We will do it when the time comes~
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate

Re: Messing with the A-code

Postby Rhino.Freak » June 1st, 2015, 6:36 am

Though it has been sometime since I last coded Sanji, but I can recall I did use decimal values and they do work.

EDIT: http://prntscr.com/7briww Take a look at ts_sanji.a I have used decimal values for movement stuffs.
Rhino.Freak
Site Admin

Postby Dragon5 » June 1st, 2015, 6:04 pm

I admit the decimals for special moves was an assumption that I did not fully look into. Thanks for informing me on that.
HOWEVER, I tried using decimals for Luffy's normal movement speeds and it did not work. It only lets me use integer values.
Just stay calm for now. We will do it when the time comes~
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate

Postby A-Man » June 2nd, 2015, 5:07 pm

Consider it fixed, and thanks for reporting the problems with the code. I appreciate your willingness to help in this. Thank you very much!
A-Man
Infamous Pirate

Return to Suggestions and Bug Reports