Oh damn now I'm curious. But I won't read it, for me the story is finished
I finished watching Shirobako today, much like the premise of Bakuman is to make manga, this anime is about making an anime.
It's a good slice of life, moderate comedy in between and overall I never felt bored as I was very intrigued about the whole process of anime making.
The only few things that I can complain about are following:
- It's very dialogue heavy and they tend to use industry jargons so it's hard to understand what's going on sometimes as the subtitles will also blaze by.
- I felt there were too many characters (which makes sense since anime making DOES involve a lot of people) but for that reason I can barely recall the names of 5 or so characters? Mind you, I am good with names in general but boy was this anime a challenge.
Regardless of those 'problems', here's what I loved about this anime:
- I was a bit skeptical about me personally liking the art style but I actually thought it was very good and well done. Animation and what not, the show clearly felt high quality made.
- I never got bored watching. It was always fun and I couldn't help but start a new episode.
- They made 2 OVAs and they're both the 1st episodes of the anime they made in this anime. I found that cute lol.
Overall I really enjoyed watching it, and will miss watching the team working together. 8.25/10, do recommend.