Sanji glitch + others

Got any suggestions related to the game that has to be said or bugs that should be fixed? Tell us about them here!

Sanji glitch + others

Postby The Creator » July 8th, 2015, 3:27 pm

I have experienced an interesting glitch with Sanji while playing against my brother. If you hold up and keep pressing attack, Sanji does this unlimited-do-as-many-times-as-you-wish kicking combo in the air. Honestly, I still haven't read One piece yet (I will this summer), but I am 100% SURE Sanji does not do that in any chapters of the manga. XD

The hit detection is a bit off I think. I have to be dead straight in front of the enemy to be able to attack him. What I mean is, that if I'm JUST A BIT off the Y-axis, then my attacks won't touch the enemy. If I'm not on the same line as him, I'll be hitting air then. Especially Luffy's big hand punch thingy. That should be able to hit the enemy even if I am not on the same line as the enemy.

Another glitch what he have discovered is that, during the character selection menu, Player 1 and Player 2 swapped roles. I, as Player 1, became Player 2, while my brother, as Player 2, became Player 1. What I mean is that, I have kept my controls as Player 1, but MY Player 1 character spot became Player 2 character spot. (The place where it shows which character you are) Then we found another glitch while Player 1 somehow became a Marine (and we couldn't remove him unless we spammed the back button), while I, as player 1, became Player 3, and my brother, as Player 2, stay as Player 2. These all happened suddenly with no warning. I couldn't use my Player 1 controls to go back to the main menu. I had to use player 2's controls to get back. BUT after when I got back to the main menu screen, my Player 1 controls suddenly started working again.
Wrap your head around that fellas!

One more thing: Do something about the health bars. I'm sure they aren't final, but they are just visually unattractive. Demo or not. Some sort of half-transparent bar would look more nice. Also I would like to know how much HP I have left out of my full HP. It's always on my mind. :P

We would like to thank your guys' hard work for this project and making it possible to play the game on our weak computer. (We couldn't play the demo on the old forums) :aww:

Other than those interesting flaws, the game is marvelous! Keep on going!
The Creator

Re: Sanji glitch + others

Postby zxcv » August 14th, 2015, 5:42 pm

semi transparent bars sound nice.

What exactly about the health bars don't you like visually? Color, symbols, etc. Any examples of health bars you do like?

*edit
some changes

zxcv
Team-A Member

Postby Rhino.Freak » August 15th, 2015, 12:21 pm

I personally like the health bars now! :D those are perfect size and simple as well..
The heart is the stamina
Green bar is HP
And the blue one is WP
Rhino.Freak
Site Admin

Postby A-Man » August 15th, 2015, 1:25 pm

But if they're all just of one color, then comes the problem of teams. Right now, teams are distinguished by the colors of HP bars. I don't know if you guys would like another pointer of some sort for showing teams.
A-Man
Infamous Pirate

Postby zxcv » August 15th, 2015, 6:31 pm

It dosen't have to stay green. Teams changing the HP colors still works I think
zxcv
Team-A Member

Postby Dragon5 » August 18th, 2015, 10:50 pm

If that's the case, the compromise should work. I can't see why not. Are you all going to fix the infinite air stall though? Just curious.
Just stay calm for now. We will do it when the time comes~
Dragon5
Pirate Subordinate

Postby A-Man » August 21st, 2015, 10:03 am

Of course we will.
A-Man
Infamous Pirate

Postby The Creator » September 10th, 2015, 3:16 pm

@Z: I, personally, didn't feel like the bars somehow connect, match-up with the background and all. But it may be just me, so don't take this too seriously.

Team colored HP bars are great! No need to add any unnecessary indications to distinguish player team members.
The Creator

Postby Gummybear3001 » November 1st, 2015, 1:47 pm

I really like the game so far, waiting for Law tho, lol.

I did find a bug where if you're playing against several AI's, they may target eachother, which makes them easy to kill by letting them fight it out. Also, when one's enemy is defeated, they will continue to target that enemy's corpse. I just had two Sanji's stuck targeting two different AI's corpses and they kept trying to hit them with Mouton Shot (Is that right?) and I had to exit the game.

I think the hitboxes could be improved too, as having to be on the exact same line as your enemy can get annoying. I don't know how this stuff works, but increasing the character's hitboxes so that you don't have to be 100% in line with them would be nice.

Still really like the game tho, I eagerly await more progress.
Gummybear3001
Pirate Subordinate

Return to Suggestions and Bug Reports