Ace Attorney Anime

Ace Attorney Anime

Postby A-Man » April 2nd, 2016, 1:18 pm

The first episode is out!

It seems they'll be following the games strictly with the story, since I noticed things were replicated to the word and sentence structure. Drawing is bad, but meh. First episode was great although it felt very rushed. Mr. Sahwit defeat felt trivial compared to how it was in the games, to the point that it looked like his reactions were overly angry (unlike in the game, when his anger was more justified by Phoenix picking on every word he says).
A-Man
Infamous Pirate

Re: Ace Attorney Anime

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » April 2nd, 2016, 1:33 pm

Lol I will be watching it soon.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rookie Pirate

Postby Rhino.Freak » April 3rd, 2016, 3:58 pm

I didn't like it at all to be honest.
There was no suspense, intensity and stuff and the things like the confetti falling off when that guy was proved NOT GUILTY was ridiculously out of place.
Following the game THIS strictly is bad and it makes for a very funny weird anime. It's more of a gag anime right now than a serious one.
Hoping that it'll get better though.
Rhino.Freak
Site Admin

Postby Aeslay » April 4th, 2016, 10:53 am

I know I'm judging it too soon and too harshly, but I think this will be worse than I expected. Rhino just said everything that needed to be said. It is a really bad idea to follow the game so strictly. The anime, with its flashy colors, disappointing OST and lack of any tension whatsoever, just felt like a not-funny comedy anime.
The only thing I liked was the amount of puns they made with the Japanese names.
But it turning out bad is to be expected. Watching characters stand in a courtroom making jokes is far from exciting, especially if you know everything that will happen. The only way I can see it being even watchable is if they went with a more anime original story. Which doesn't seem to be the case.
Aeslay
Infamous Pirate

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » April 4th, 2016, 11:17 am

I can't really say anything good about the anime myself lol. I had high hopes for it but it seemed far from what I expected. I just hope it turns out better next time. Judging based on the very first case might be over doing it.
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rookie Pirate

Postby A-Man » April 5th, 2016, 8:30 am

I'm liking that it's sticking to the game story myself :P. But yes, when this anime was announced, I wasn't very sure how it would work. I didn't look forward to it until maybe last week. I knew I was watching it anyway, regardless of how good or bad it performs, but this shows more potential than what I had expected.

The first episode was bad; lack of tension, rushed flow of events..etc can be justified by how they tried to fit the entire first case, along with introductions and whatsoever in a single episode. Anyway, the next few episodes will tell.

I'll miss the English puns =(.
A-Man
Infamous Pirate

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » April 5th, 2016, 1:45 pm

True that lol. But if this becomes popular then am sure that there will be English dubs! :P
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rookie Pirate

Postby A-Man » April 22nd, 2016, 1:52 pm

Am I the only one still following this? It got much better in the 2nd episode onward.
A-Man
Infamous Pirate

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » April 22nd, 2016, 5:30 pm

I am with you. :P Ironically, I only like the investigation portion of the anime whereas in the game I was dying for some courtroom action! :P
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rookie Pirate

Postby Aeslay » April 23rd, 2016, 12:30 pm

I think you guys are just being biased. It did get a little more... tolerable, since more character I like such as Edgeworth and Maya are getting some screentime, but the overall quality of the show hasn't changed a bit.

It's been like watching someone speedrun an abridged and stupidly lighthearted version of Ace Attorney that has really generic graphics. If I really must name one thing I like about the anime, it'd be the ending theme.
Aeslay
Infamous Pirate

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » April 23rd, 2016, 2:03 pm

I don't think I am biased. I did say that courtroom drama is still bad but investigation portion is good enough. But in the game we die for some courtroom drama and hate investigation portion.
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rookie Pirate

Postby Aeslay » April 23rd, 2016, 6:16 pm

I still liked the courtroom part more. At least Phoenix gets to do something there. In the investigation part, the best thing he did was tricking Gumshoe into giving him info about April May. During the rest of the investigation he accidentally found the wiretap, had 2 chats with Grossberg, both times he did nothing but listen, and had a chat with White.
Aeslay
Infamous Pirate

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » April 23rd, 2016, 8:00 pm

Yes that accidentally part was annoying, I agree there. Lol and the chats were what he was supposed to do. I think you are being a bit nitpicky here. :P
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rookie Pirate

Postby Aeslay » April 23rd, 2016, 9:39 pm

In the games, Grossberg doesn't just come and tell him all he needs to know about White. Phoenix had to figure it out all by himself with next to nothing to go on. All he knew was that someone was with April May that night. And this, too, didn't just conveniently slip out someone's mouth. He figured it all out by himself.
I know all these things are a bit hard to show in an anime, and that's why I think this anime was a bad idea to begin with.
Aeslay
Infamous Pirate

Postby T.O.R.N.A.D.O » April 24th, 2016, 6:50 am

In the games Grossberg looks like a douche but they changed that on the anime by him first accepting the case. And secondly in the game, Phoenix meets with Grossberg the second time because he wanted to know what happened with the rejection which in the anime Grossberg told himself. What was wrong with that? Also obviously the game and the anime aren't exactly same. So they let April May slip up that she was under orders. In the game to Phoenix catches the slip up from the Bellboy. So idk how he figured all by himself.
T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Rookie Pirate

Postby A-Man » April 24th, 2016, 8:11 am

I hate to admit it, but my judgement is biased. The anime was a bad idea; it just doesn't work like the game. Moreover, they're doing a bad job by cutting down content a lot.. The Bellboy as a witness part, and a lot more of the court action, forcing a lot of conclusions to be reached by lame "slips" and "accidents".

Though it has gotten better - or more tolerable at least - lately. I've been enjoying it despite all of this (sorry, fanaticism, I think :\)
A-Man
Infamous Pirate

Return to Anime and Manga