h 63 appearances last season. Price planned to use

Keep yourself updated. Check out all the official One Piece Adventurous Era progress in this section!

h 63 appearances last season. Price planned to use

Postby carrie567 » July 13th, 2019, 3:26 am

GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- Alfredo Simon has spent most of his major league career as a reliever. Hes going to get a chance to be a starter for the Cincinnati Reds at the start of spring training. Mat Latos has been slowed by knee surgery, so manager Bryan Price has decided to use Simon as a starter during spring training. The idea is to get him ready to pitch more innings in case hes needed when the season begins. Latos had minor surgery to repair torn cartilage in his left knee when camp opened. Hes making good progress, but the injury left him behind in his throwing program. Simon made 16 starts for Baltimore in 2011 and welcomes the chance to move into a starters role, even if its only temporary. "Im ready to go," Simon said. "I know it has been two years (since) I have started a game, but if I get the opportunity, Im going to show Bryan Price that I can be a starter." The 32-year-old had started a total of three games in the majors when the Orioles moved him into the rotation in 2011. He went 4-9 with a 4.90 ERA in 16 starts and seven relief appearances that season. The Reds claimed him off waivers from the Orioles on April 3, 2012. He has been a valuable right-handed reliever for Cincinnati, going 3-2 with a 2.66 ERA in 36 relief appearances in 2012 and 6-4 with a 2.87 ERA in a career-high 63 appearances last season. Price planned to use him out of the bullpen again until Latos got hurt. Left-hander Tony Cingrani was the main option as an extra starter last season, but has the fifth spot in the rotation this year. "We do know we are short one starter right now without Mat," Price said. "If we were to have any setbacks where Mat was not ready to start the season, we have to look at the group we have and that would include Simon. "He has the starters background. He has a very, very durable arm. We have to look at him in longer stretches." If Latos is ready to pitch at the start of the season, Simon can move back into the bullpen. "I like starting," Simon said. "I am here to do whatever they want. All of my career (in the minors) I was a starter. Sometimes I would throw one or two innings. I can do more than that. I wanted to keep pitching. I miss it." Andre Tippett Patriots Jersey . The Sochi organizing committee said in Fridays statement that the torch relay reached the North Pole on Oct. 19. Russian Polar explorer Artur Chilingarov, who led the mission, lit a special bowl at the North Pole sign. John Hannah Womens Jersey . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/ ... -Jersey/.C. - NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick headlines this years electees into the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame. Rob Gronkowski Womens Jersey . -- David Freese is starting to pick up his run production, which is something the Los Angeles Angels have been waiting half a season to see. Steve Grogan Jersey . Sources tell TSN that union executives travelled to select CFL cities Monday to open dialogue with players and answer questions. After the tentative deal was reached Saturday night, several players posted messages of frustration and disappointment on social media - and that carried over into Sunday on both the web and the field.While the rest of the NBA world waits in limbo for LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony to decide where they are going to play next season, the San Antonio Spurs just keep quietly making sure the band is getting back together for a run at a second straight title. In the middle of the James hysteria on Wednesday, the Spurs issued a two-sentence press release announcing that coach Gregg Popovich had agreed to a multi-year contract extension. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. After beating the Miami Heat for the franchises fifth championship last month, the Spurs quickly found out that Tim Duncan would indeed return next season. Deals with Patty Mills and Boris Diaw ensured that the roster would remain largely intact, so there was little doubt that the 65-year-old Popovich would return for a 19th season on the Spurs bench. That was confirmed on Wednesday in a presentation that was predictably light on fanfare. No comments from Popovich. No statementss from GM RC Buford or owner Peter Holt.dddddddddddd No big deal, just the way Popovich likes it. The talk of his pending retirement has grown louder as the years have gone on, but Popovich showed no sign of slowing down in season No. 18. He led the Spurs to a league-best 62 wins in the regular season, earned his third coach of the year award and then helped the team recover from the heartbreak of last years loss to the Heat in the finals with an emphatic five-game triumph this season. "Day after day, year after year, the energy that Pop provides our organization is truly unique," Buford said when Popovich joined Pat Riley and Don Nelson as the only coaches in league history to be named coach of the year three times. Popovich is 1,116-533, including the playoffs, in a career that started in 1996. He is the longest-tenured coach in any of the four major American pro sports and has led the Spurs to at least 50 wins 16 times, including 15 in a row. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
carrie567
Pirate Captain

Return to Game Progress