arlos Boozer 16 and Taj Gibson had 14 points and

Keep yourself updated. Check out all the official One Piece Adventurous Era progress in this section!

arlos Boozer 16 and Taj Gibson had 14 points and

Postby carrie567 » August 15th, 2019, 3:20 am

BALTIMORE -- Orioles slugger Chris Davis was suspended 25 games without pay on Friday following a positive test for an amphetamine, a punishment that will extend into the post-season and perhaps 2015. Baltimore started Friday leading the AL East by 10 games with 17 left in the regular season, so the team will be without the 2013 home run champion deep into the playoffs. "I apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Orioles organization and especially the fans," Davis said in a statement. "I made a mistake by taking Adderall. I had permission to use it in the past, but do not have a therapeutic use exemption this year. I accept my punishment and will begin serving my suspension immediately." Adderall is a drug often used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy, and 119 TUEs were issued for 40-man roster players in the year ending with the 2013 post-season. It is, however, also known as a performance and cognitive enhancer. Initial positive tests for a banned stimulant result in the player being given an additional six unannounced urine tests over the 12 months following the violation. The 25-game discipline is the penalty for a second positive test. The 28-year-old Davis informed manager Buck Showalter of the suspension on Thursday night. Davis is prohibited from entering the clubhouse during the ban. Davis has denied ever using performance-enhancing drugs. The Orioles are already without catcher Matt Wieters and third baseman Manny Machado, both of whom sustained season-ending injuries. The loss of Davis further hampers Baltimores chances of advancing in the playoffs. "First of all, we got to get to the post-season," Showalter said. "Our goal right now is to get there. It just means we will be without him for the rest of the regular season." Davis is batting .196 with 26 homers and 72 RBIs in 145 games, quite a dropoff from his numbers last year: .286 with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs. "A lot of people would like to hit 25 to 30 home runs and drive in 80 runs," Showalter said, projecting what might have been Davis final numbers for the season. Davis loses 17/183rds of his $10.35 million salary, which comes to $961,475. He already has earned a $150,000 bonus for reaching 500 plate appearances, and the suspension costs him the chance to earn another $150,000 for reaching 600. If he serves any part of the penalty during the 2015 regular season, he would lose part of next years salary. Because a team cant make roster changes in the middle of a post-season series except to replace injured players, Davis likely would be inactive through the league championship series. The suspension does not apply to spring training games. During spring training this year, Davis scoffed at accusations that his power surge came from PEDs. "It was frustrating when it first came up last year, because what happened to me was the culmination of a lot of hard work over the years," Davis said. "It was funny because people who didnt even know me were accusing me of using PEDs. My response was: Ive always had power. You go back to high school, Little League, minor leagues, college, Ive always had power. It was just a matter of putting the ball in play consistently." Although Davis performance this year has tailed off significantly, hes still been a big part of Baltimores surprising success. Hes contributed several clutch hits, played solidly at first base and often manned third base in the wake of Machados departure. "Im disappointed," Showalter said. "I know Chris is too. It is what it is. Were going to try and deal with it and move on. The timing is never good. Its one of those challenges." The Orioles immediately set out to make adjustments to cover his absence. "Ive got a lot of confidence in our guys," Showalter said. "Im always looking at the what-ifs. Weve had to plug some people in and theyve done a nice job for us." Having already been forced to cope with the loss of Wieters and Machado, Showalter didnt complain about the situation. "You have to learn to deal with the problems and challenges along the way," he said. "If they are self-inflicted, there is no woe is me. And this is self-inflicted." The suspension came as the Orioles were set to open a four-game series against the Yankees, who were 10 1/2 games back in the AL East. "Its disappointing any time a guy is suspended. You hate to see it in our game," New York manager Joe Girardi said. "I dont think well ever get away from it unfortunately. I think people are always going to try and beat the system. Were going to have to do deal with it." Davis is the fifth player suspended this year under the major league drug program and the second because of a positive amphetamine test. When San Diego outfielder Cameron Maybin was suspended for 25 games in July, he also cited use of an ADHD medication for which he previously had received a TUE. Thomas Greiss Islanders Jersey . Patrick Deslisle-Houde and David Rose each scored in the second to give the fourth-seeded Redmen a 3-1 lead after Jean-Philippe Mathieu scored in the first. Denis Potvin Jersey . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here. http://www.islanderssale.com/authentic- ... rs-jersey/. However, Therrien added that Galchenyuks status for next Wednesdays game against the Detroit Red Wings is questionable. Galchenyuk has been out since Jan. 6 with a broken right hand. Tom Kuhnhackl Jersey . -- Golden State Warriors reserve centre Ognjen Kuzmic is expected to miss at least six weeks after undergoing surgery on his fractured right hand. Ryan Pulock Islanders Jersey . Numbers Game looks at the As getting Jon Lester from Boston, sending Yoenis Cespedes to the Red Sox along with a deal involving the As and the Minnesota Twins. The Athletics Get: LHP Jon Lester, LF Jonny Gomes, OF Sam Fuld and cash.CHICAGO -- Having been burned by D.J. Augustin the previous night, the Boston Celtics clamped down on the Bulls guard in the second game of their home-and-home series. Boston succeeded in limiting Augustin to four points on 1-of-9 shooting, but that didnt affect the final outcome. Mike Dunleavy had 22 points on 7-for-12 shooting and Augustin handed out 11 assists to help five Bulls score in double figures for a 94-80 win over the Celtics on Monday night. "From the beginning of the game I knew they were going to do that, adjust to me," Augustin said. "I had to do some other things and find my teammates and they did a great job getting open." Joakim Noah added 19 points, 11 rebounds and five assists, Jimmy Butler scored 18 points, Carlos Boozer 16 and Taj Gibson had 14 points and 11 rebounds for Chicago, which pulled away with a 13-0 run at the start of the fourth quarter. The Bulls (42-32) moved into a tie with the Toronto Raptors -- who lost at Miami -- for third place in the Eastern Conference. "I think its very important," Dunleavy said of the third seed. "We want to get as high as we can. Not only with home-court advantage and avoiding the first seed in the second round, if were fortunate enough to advance. We just want to get as high as we can." Chicago swept the home-and-home series with the Celtics after winning 107-102 in Boston on Sunday. The Celtics have lost 10 straight on the road to drop to 8-28 away from home. Their last road win was Feb. 10 at Milwaukee. Brandon Bass and Jerryd Bayless scored 18 points apiece for the Celtics. Rajon Rondo didnt play Monday after getting 17 points and 11 assists Sunday. He is still working his way back to full strength following reconstructive knee surgery and doesnt play in back-to-back games. "It wasnt just the fourth (quarter)," Boston coach Brad Stevens said. "The first five minutes of the third and the fourth we went into a drought. We looked heavy-legged the whole secondd half.dddddddddddd "Thats no excuse because they played last night, too." The game was tight entering the fourth, but the Bulls went on a quick 9-0 run for an 80-70 lead with 9 1/2 minutes to play before Stevens called time out. The stoppage didnt curb the Bulls momentum. Gibson scored on vicious dunk off a nice feed from Butler to make it 82-70 and Noah capped the run of 13 straight with a post move for an 84-70 lead. Noah had six points during the spurt, including an 18-foot jumper before Bostons timeout. "Theyre a good team," Bayless said. "We dont have a lot of room for error. We made a couple of bad plays in a row and theyre too good and they got on the break and hit their shots. We have to pull it together for longer stretches of time." Although Augustin didnt score in the fourth, he played a big role by dishing out six assists as Boston overplayed him. "Thats the advantage we have with the finishing group," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "The job of those guys is to read what the defence is doing." The Bulls are 10 games over .500 for the first time this season. "I think were playing pretty good basketball, but I think we can play better," Noah said. "I think the mindset is good. Everybody is working, everybody is in the weight room, everybody is trying to find ways to get better." NOTES: Home-and-home series on consecutive games used to be a regular occurrence in the NBA, but are rare these days. "Its the same plays, so theres a tendency for the players to know whats coming," Thibodeau said. "I think its good preparation for whats coming down the road." ... Since he wasnt playing because of the back-to-back, Rondo spent part of the game working on the TV broadcast back to Boston. ... Celtics G Avery Bradley left the game in the first half because of a sore Achilles. . Noah had 13 assists in Sundays game, the most ever by a visiting centre in Boston. The previous high was 11 by Wilt Chamberlain in 1968. ' ' '
carrie567
Infamous Pirate

Return to Game Progress